Picasa Tint

2007-07-31

I seldom use Picasa Tint but today I have a great find in both filtered b&w and tint in the 'Effects' tab of Picasa. Once the 'tint' effect is selected, one can choose a color picker to tint the picture while you are given a slider in preserving the original color


1. Original color
This is the original in color with an slightly overblown background


2. Filtered B&W
This is done with Filtered B&W on mostly orange and red, no sharpening


3. Picasa Tint
This is done with Picasa Tint on light blue with sharpening and no preservation on original color


And I like how the filtered b&w that seems to serve better than simple b&w in that the skin tone seems to be enhanced with filtering on red. I may get it wrong but the result seems enhanced over the b&w trial and the Picasa Tint comes as a pleasant surprise.

Related posts:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, makes me wish Picasa came out for mac. Pretty cool effect. I use Photoshop mostly.

Post a Comment

 

About

Welcome to Hin's Photo Corner, this is my learning blog on photography, blogging and advertising. And I hope you enjoy your visit. For contact, please comment in blog post or email me directly hintheman at gmail.com.

 

B&H Best Deals

Statcounter