Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f/2.8 (M42)

2008-10-27
Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f/2.8
This is my heaviest lens that I have ever handled. When I grab it with two hands, I am thinking of a football with touch down. It weighs about 3.5 lb and filter size is 95mm and lens cap size is 119mm. It is huge.

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f/2.8
When I place the Zeiss German glass along with my Pentax K 300mm f/4.0 and Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f/3.5 from Tokina, my other bigger lens appear to be small and slim. I am very excited to test this Zebra lens that has a distinct pattern of zebra black and white strips. This lens first come with the Pentacon 6 mount and it probably works with Praktica camera in the past. The lens that I get is fitted with M42 mount and I have to use the Genuine Pentax M42 to K adapter as the size is so big and any mishaps from a 3rd party adapter will likely damage my K10D body

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f/2.8
With the lens hood mounted, the lens cap is 119mm in size and it is the biggest of all lens cap that I have seen. The filter and lens size of my biggest lens used to be 77mm and they all seem so small as compared to the Zeiss 180mm. I place a 49mm lens cap on top of the giant 119mm lens cap and you see the relative size in comparison.

Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f/2.8You can knock someone who attempts to steal your gear with this football lens. The only problem that I see is that it will take you longer time to dismount this lens.


Related:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Welcome to Hin's Photo Corner, this is my learning blog on photography, blogging and advertising. And I hope you enjoy your visit. For contact, please comment in blog post or email me directly hintheman at gmail.com.

 

B&H Best Deals

Statcounter