BIF with Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro

2008-06-17
I have tried to shoot birds in flight (BIF) with Tamron 70-300 Di LD. All are cropped to get closer to the birds.

1/800 sec, f/8.0, 300mm, iso 400, 0 Ev
Bird In Flight with Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro
1/1250 sec, f/8.0, 160mm, iso 400, 0 Ev
Bird In Flight with Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro
1/1250 sec, f/8.0, 300mm, iso 400, 0 EvBird In Flight with Tamron 70-300 Di LD MacroFlickr Slideshow


Focus & Meter:
  • I use the default multi-segment metering
  • I use AF.C exclusively
  • I normally use the selective AF with focal point in center but for the BIF, I turn to the complete AF with multiple focal points, I let the AF system work while I pan the movement hoping the AF system find the closest focal point to match the bird
  • I use ISO 400 and Av mode on f/8.0 and half press to check the shutter to be at least 1/500 sec
  • I should have tried Tv mode with 1/1000 sec but I don't trust the Tamron on anything lesser than f/8.0 in the longer end
  • I pan all shot in moving along with the bird and let the multiple AF point and AF.C work with the bird in the frame
  • I pan the bird to be in the frame and adjust zoom from 300mm down for better sharpness and hopefully better IQ if bird is not too far
Teleconverters:

And I am gathering inputs for a TC that maintain AF and metering, I am basically looking at two choices


Related:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Welcome to Hin's Photo Corner, this is my learning blog on photography, blogging and advertising. And I hope you enjoy your visit. For contact, please comment in blog post or email me directly hintheman at gmail.com.

 

B&H Best Deals

Statcounter