Portraits with Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro

2008-07-14
@70mm
Portraits with Pentax K10D & Tamron 70-300 Di LD 1:2 Macro
@120mm
Portraits with Pentax K10D & Tamron 70-300 Di LD 1:2 Macro
@120mm
Portraits with Pentax K10D & Tamron 70-300 Di LD 1:2 Macro
@200mm
Portraits with Pentax K10D & Tamron 70-300 Di LD 1:2 MacroI find it a challenge to take photos of my two boys at all times. They move around quickly and as soon as they notice that I am taking photos on them, they played hike and seek with my camera. When I get their attention, they usually make up the funny faces to deter my photo taking.

I tend to have more pictures of my younger boy as he cooperates a bit better than his brother. I always fall short in skills in taking pictures of my boys -- a bummer for sure but a good challenge to have as a amateur photographer. I find the Tamron 70-300 Di LD Macro quite suitable for outing with kids. It is similar in IQ to Pentax DA 50-200 but with longer range and a great macro 1:2. I like the zoom range from 70mm to 150mm to work with my boys so that I can stay far enough from my boys to avoid their attentions.


Impressions & Notes:
  • Lens really sharp throughout the range of 70 to 200mm
  • Ideal for my need in going to park, hiking, and enjoy outdoor activity with my boys
  • I up ISO to 200 and 400 in K10D for a faster speed to catch up with my boys' movement
  • I have a tendency in forgetting filled flash to avoid shadows
  • I default f/8.0 to avoid PF

Related:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Welcome to Hin's Photo Corner, this is my learning blog on photography, blogging and advertising. And I hope you enjoy your visit. For contact, please comment in blog post or email me directly hintheman at gmail.com.

 

B&H Best Deals

Statcounter